The Postman pat effect | Hastings Carnival

The weather was so hot but it was a fantastic day. 

My Dad made a carnival float out of my mum's mobility scooter and turned it into postman pats van. This has taken about 5 months to complete with the finishing touches. 

Me and Lilly were part of it too, Lilly dressed as Jess the cat and I was Mrs Goggins (exept the wig almost fell off).


My brother was also in th carnival with the old drumming group that I used to be with called Section 5 drummers.


How crazy do I look? Lol. But I don't think I made a bad Mrs Goggins. It's also fun to do and we raise a lot of money for local charities.


This was one of my favourite, it must have been hot under that dome of his. He was completely in character and was so kind to Lilly with getting her to come over for a photo even with his mentions of 'taking over the world'. 


This was such a cool float with swings and bars for the gymnasts to swing on whilst travelling around the carnival route, and was such a good idea with the monkey idea.


The last picture shows the effort my dad puts into it. This is probably one of the best picture of my dad's float. I am very proud of what he does, and I know that he made a fair few children's day by being such a loveable and recognisable character.

He is already planning his ideas for next year. 

xXx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Dream Blogging Space

Being a carer for my parents

Gelli Baff and others Review