Cheese Scones • Recipe and method
Another day and another yummy recipe to share with you. I have loved cheese scones since I was little but never actually tried making them before. I found a very simple recipe and tried it out with Lilly. She loved getting messy and we both enjoyed eating them.
Firstly preheat your oven to 220°c / gas mark 7
225g Plain flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
50g butter (cubed)
125g Cheddar cheese
Extra milk to glaze
1. Place your flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper.
2. Rub your butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add your grated cheese and mix into well.
4. Pour in the milk and mix until it creates a dough consistancy.
5. Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll to about 1cm thick.
6. Cut out circular shapes and place on a greased baking tray.
7. Use the remaining dough again to make more. (I only usually roll the dough twice).
8. Place into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
These didn't last long in our house and will be making some more soon.
If you use this recipe I would love to know.