Homemade Rainbow Crayons
I wanted to share a little post about a craft that we did a few weeks ago, we created rainbow crayons from loads of old broken crayons and they turned out amazing.
I saw a video for this on Facebook and thought that it would be a great way to sort out Lilly's crayon box as she had so many broken ones that we were going to throw out. This is so simple to recycle these old crayons and create some magic crayons.
You will need.
- Old Crayons
- Silicon Cake Trays
- Old Chopping Board
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/160oc
2. Remove all the paper from the outside of the crayons
3. Cut the crayons into small pieces
4. Once all cut place a mixture of crayon pieces into the cake trays
5. Place the trays into the oven and bake for 8 minutes (until all melted)
6. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool.
7. Once cool, pop out the crayons and you have some cool crayons.
We love the crayons that we have made, they are really strong and have all mixed very nicely too. If you give these a try then let me know :)
Thanks for reading