Cornflakes cakes & Hastings Carnival • Summer Holiday Project 2016 #13

We have been very busy today, full of crafts and baking and ended with a trip to watch our local carnival.

We started off with baking, this was about 9:30 I decided to get everything ready so we could enjoy the cakes and take some to Nanny's if we went (which didn't happen).

Recipe
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Cornflakes
- 50g Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup

Method
1. Melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup
2. Mix with cornflakes
3. Place mixture in 12x cases
4. Let set in fridge for about an hour


After our little baking session I decided to do some crafts with her too. We got loads of paint out with stamps, bottle lids, string, and sponge brushes. We also competed a foam fairy set that we got from poundland a few weeks ago. This was so easy to do except our paint dried out which came with it tl decorate her.

At about 3pm we left for the carnival as the parking gets awful during this time on carnival day and the roads through to town close just after 3 too. The first place I had planned to park was completely full, I drove around a few times but no one left so we went in search of somewhere else. I finally found somewhere but we had a bit of a walk to get to the town.

I met my Dad who was in the parade for a bit to have a look at his float and give him some sun cream too. We left not long after ghe judging took place to find somewhere to watch the parade and for Dad to finish getting ready himself.


The parade started at 5pm with Section 5 drummers and the huge lifeboat at the front of the parade. Dad was about 3/4 of the way through the parade and had won first prize for his hippie inspired VW camper.

The parade lasted about 40 minutes and was really good, Lilly enjoyed it, she put money in people's buckets, got some sweets and a goodie bag from the parade, she also got a new wiggle wbich they only charge £1 each for.


It seems to weird to see it from a pedestrian perspective as I usually take part and have done for many year. It was a really nice day though and super busy, I can't wait to get into bed tonight and chill.

xXx

Comments

  1. Wow, sounds like a great day, the parade sounds like great fun! Oh and the cakes look great, cornflake cakes are my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornflake cakes are definitely the best, remind me of childhood so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had an awesome day. The cakes look so good i remember making these when i was a kid. So easy yet so so tasty! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your wee girl is so cute! I love cornflake cakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just hate it when you can't find parking where you wanted!! Sounds like a busy day for you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fun and colourful. I am in love with cornflake cakes as adult :D X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, it sounds like such a fun day! I love cornflake cakes, yours look fab :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  8. I havent had cornflakes cakes in so long, the best part if always the bowl and spoon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Dream Blogging Space

Gelli Baff and others Review

Being a carer for my parents