Simple Chocolate cake • Recipe and Method
Recently we made a really simple chocolate cake and wanted to share the recipe with you. This recipe has such a small amount of ingredients and is so easy to make but tastes amazing too.
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 50g Butter
- 30g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Cocoa Powder
- 60g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c/ gas mark 5
2. Break chocolate into a glass bowl with butter and place over a boiling saucepan of water to melt.
3. Stir well, remove from heat and leave to cool.
4. Break your egg into a bowl with the sugar and whisk until light and creamy.
5. Slowly add the chocolate to the egg mix and stir well.
6. Sieve in the flour and cocoa and fold in.
7. Put the mixture into a greased shallow cake tin and bake for 25 minutes.
This is so easy and a great recipe for a quick and tasty cake, especially to make with your children.