Simple Sausage Pasta - Recipe


We have recently discovered sausage pasta, a handy and quick meal which be me and Lilly love. The base recipe was found on BBC Good foods but I have customised it a little to suit us as a family,I hope you enjoy if you make it.

This will serve 2-3 people

You Will Need:

- 4-6 sausages, cut into chunky pieces
- 400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300g of Short pasta (fusilli or farfalle)
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Courgette, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed or grated
- 2 Medium closed cup mushrooms (I cut small to make it a hidden vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder, mild
- 1/2 tps Oregano
- 1/2 tps Garlic powder 
- Pinch of Salt

Method:
  1. Start to brown off you sausage pieces in a large frying pan with a little oil.
  2. Cook the pasta how the packaging says
  3. Once they have started to brown nicely, add the onions, courgette, garlic and mushrooms and soften.
  4. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and stir in well, then add the herbs and spices and mix well
  5. Simmer for around 5 minuites until all is cooked through.
  6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and stir all together until pasta is covered.
  7. serve with grated cheese and garlic bread.
Its as simple as that, and is a very tasty, hearty dish for a day you may not have a lot of time. If you make this please let me know and tell me how it was.

Thank you for reading.

Victoria x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Dream Blogging Space

Being a carer for my parents

Birthday Basket for Liam