Pancake day with Recipe
It's pancake day and it may be a little late to share the recipe but its for me as well as for others haha. This year has been a complete success from the pancake aspect of life, if there is such a thing, but I have actually managed to make homemade batter and flip two pancakes all on pancake day, win for me.
To go with this success I wanted to share the recipe that I used today and the method for making them too. I still can't fully believe that it has taken me so long just to make my own instead of buying those silly bottles.
150g of Plain flour
2 medium eggs
300ml of milk
Oil (for cooking)
1. Sieve the plain flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Crack both eggs into the well and slowly whisk, drawing the flour from the edges in.
3. Slowly mix in the milk and whisk until smooth
4. Let the batter rest for 10-15 mins
5. Brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat
6. Add a small amount of batter, cook for 1-2 minutes flipping half way through
It really is that simple and I have always made it seem harder in my head! I hope you all had lovely pancakes with some delicious toppings. We all had sugar and lemon which are just the classic way to have them, but I am pretty jealous of some of the toppings I have seen. What toppings did you have?
Happy Pancake Day :)