Homemade pizza with homemade sauce
I have finally got the homemade pizza down to a tee and wanted to share the recipe for both the pizza dough and the pizza sauce we now use. Both are simple and the sauce makes enough for four pizza's (we freeze three of them).
Firstly the dough, you can't use the sauce without a base ready for you, this needs to be made at least 1 hour in advance
You will need:
250 ml of Luke Warm Water7 g of Dried Active Yeast (can get weighed packets from most stores)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Oil
350 g Strong Bread Flour
- Stir in the yeast to the warm water, it will normally go quite cloudy.
- Add the salt, sugar and oil and give it a good stir.
- Add the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- Pout out onto a flour covered worktop and knead for around 7 - 10 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with cling film.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour,you should see it rise.
- When you need the dough, pour onto a flour covered surface, knead and then roll out as required.
- Add your toppings of choice
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes of gas mark 5/190oC
Now for the sauce, this is a well known pizza takeaway copy and it is yummy. Liam actually found this so the credit goes to him.
You will need:
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Marjoram
1/4 Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp Oil
- Add the Passata and water into a small saucepan on a low heat.
- Add your herbs and spices and stir well.
- Add the oil and bring to the boil.
- Once it is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Let the sauce reduce a bit before using and separating.
- Use what is needed, an even cover on the pizza base.
- put the rest into portion sized freezer bags for the next time.
I hope you like this recipe and it works for you, our favourite toppings are pepperoni and ham, I also like mushrooms and peppers but have to be careful not to put on Liam's side of the pizza.
Would love to know if you use these recipes.