Plain biscuits | Recipe and Method
A stormy, very wet day and what better to do than get our aprons on and start baking. Today we decided take some simple biscuits and decorate them.
55g Caster Sugar
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
150g Plain Flour
25g Corn Flour
125g Icing sugar
Food colouring to decorate.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°/Gas mark 4.
2. Mix butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract together until evenly mixed.
3. Stir in flour and cornflour then wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Roll dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, use cutters of your choice.
5. Bake in oven for ten minutes.
6. Mix icing sugar and 2tbs of water and add a little food colouring. Decorate and leave to set.
They are really yummy and quick to make too. Lilly was able to help with everything apart from the oven part.
This passed an hour of a very wet summers day for us.