Cherry shortbread | Recipe and Method
I decided to do some easy baking today with Lilly to keep her busy before Daddy came home from work, and to give him a treat.
We made some cherry shortbread with took only about 10 minutes to make, and Lilly could get really stuck in.
- 75g of Glacé cherries (quarted, keep some whole)
- 115g of Unsalted butter (cubed, room temp)
- 55g Caster sugar
- 115g Plain flour
- Few drops of vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat over to 170°c/Gas mark 3, line baking tin with baking paper.
2. Mix together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract, stir until evenly mixed.
3. Sift in flour and mix together with fingers until it starts to come together.
4. Add quartered cherries to the mixture and mix together.
5. Put mixture into tin making sure it's in corners, add whole cherries and push in.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove carefully from tin and sprinkle with caster sugar.
I didn't put the cherries in but I recon with them in the mixture it will taste a lot better. But ours didn't taste bad at all and have enjoyed a slice for pudding tonight :)