Cornflake tart • Recipe and method

This recipe comes from one of my favourite school dinner puddings, the cornflake tart. Its so sweet and yummy and so simple to make too.


You will need:

- 1x ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 115g golden syrup
- 85g conflakes
- 55g  unsalted butter
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 1x small pinch of salt
-100g strawberry jam, warmed.

How to make:

1. Preheat your oven to 200°c / gas mark 6

2. Line a quiche dish with the short crust pastry, trim off the extra and prick the base with a fork, then cover with cookable foil.

3. Pour in baking weights and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown (around 20 mins)

4. Whilst cooking the pastry melt your butter, sugar, goldeb syrup and salt together. Once melted together fold in the cornflakes until fully covered.

5. Remove the base from the oven and remove the weights. Brush the warmed jam around the base and then add the cornflake mixture to the base.

6. Bake for a further 5 minutes then leave to cool before serving.

This was just as tasty as I remembered it and would love to make it again. It's so simple to make too. 

Would love to known if you remember or have tried making it yourself

xXx

Comments

  1. Ooo I've never had this before!! Looks really simple and can also do this one with the kids!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little girl loved making this with me x

      Delete
  2. Oh yummy - treacle cornflake tart! Years since I had a bit of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, a super sweet treat. Sounds like even I could make it lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so easy to make, I am not the best cook but I do try. Lol

      Delete
  4. This sounds lovely we've never had this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect if you have a sweet tooth x

      Delete
  5. I have never seen anything like this before and it looks so easy to do, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have it in primary school quite a lot x

      Delete
  6. Never thought of using cornflakes like this before! Great recipe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornflakes have lots of uses. I've seen them used in other recipes but I'm not brave enough to try them haha x

      Delete
  7. I have not heard of this before. My dad loves cornflakes I might make this for Fathers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you make it at all, if so how did it go?

      Delete
  8. I've never made a Cornflakes tart, but it really looks fun to make and eat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea, bet it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does taste good, very mourish though x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts