Cornflake tart • Recipe and method
This recipe comes from one of my favourite school dinner puddings, the cornflake tart. Its so sweet and yummy and so simple to make too.
You will need:
- 1x ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 115g golden syrup
- 85g conflakes
- 55g unsalted butter
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 1x small pinch of salt
-100g strawberry jam, warmed.
How to make:
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c / gas mark 6
2. Line a quiche dish with the short crust pastry, trim off the extra and prick the base with a fork, then cover with cookable foil.
3. Pour in baking weights and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown (around 20 mins)
4. Whilst cooking the pastry melt your butter, sugar, goldeb syrup and salt together. Once melted together fold in the cornflakes until fully covered.
5. Remove the base from the oven and remove the weights. Brush the warmed jam around the base and then add the cornflake mixture to the base.
6. Bake for a further 5 minutes then leave to cool before serving.
This was just as tasty as I remembered it and would love to make it again. It's so simple to make too.
Would love to known if you remember or have tried making it yourself