Sugar Apple Glazed Gammon | Recipe and Method

This is usually our Christmas gammon recipe but lately we have been having it more often. This is so tasty and yet so simple to make too. 


For a 750gm Gammon you will need

250ml Apple juice
4-5 Tbsp Soft brown sugar

1. Score the gammon as picutred above.
2. Mix the apple juice and sugaf well until the apple juice is thicker than normal.
3. Once mixed pour over the gammon and put into a preheated oven.
4. Cover the gammon every 15 to 20 minutes with the juice.
5. Cook for required time. 

We serve this with cheesy mash potato bake and vegetables

If you make this I would love to see how it turns out.

xXx



Comments

  1. Always wondered how you sugar glazed meats. Delighted I have a little recipe now, thanks! Looks like a scrumptious lump of gammon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks tasty! I normally just chuck gammon in the slow cooker with some coke/cider/apple juice but this sounds tasty too!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really cooked a meat joint in the slow cooker before x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness this looks amazing! I love toffee apples and mixed with pork sounds delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the whole meat taste good, sweet and salty together x

      Delete
  4. Looks very juicy and tasty. I'm bad at making gammon. Tried it once with my mum and it turned out too salty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got better cooking it with practise x

      Delete
  5. Argh what are you doing to me, this looks so good and I'm dieting! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. This looks so yummy. We need to go more fresh meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to cook from scrath and have been doing it a lot more lately x

      Delete
  7. This sounds mouth wateringly good! I love glazed meats! H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this sounds so good - simple enough for me to do too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, would love to tuck into this on a Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) we save some after too and have cold meat and salad x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Dream Blogging Space

Car fixed & Free fruit • Summer Holiday Project 2016 #24 - #25

Mummy + Me | April 2017