Cheesy Mash Potato Bake | Recipe and Method

On Easter we had something a little different, we love potato bake in pur house but wabted to try something different. This is the recipe that I found and have slightly altered to our preferance.

This serves 4 


Ingredients

1 garlic clove, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
4 potatoes
100ml milk
8 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper

Method

1. Crush the garlic and finely chop the onion, fry until softened but not brown.
2. Preheat oven 190°c/Gas mark 5
3. Boil and mash the potatoes with half the milk. Added 6 spoons of cheese and season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix in the onions and garlic theb ass the remaining milk.
5. Put the mash into a greased baking tray and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and serve.

We served ours with a glazed gammon.

xXx 


Comments

  1. Oh nom, this is one of my favourite things about going out to a restaurant for food - the mash. Definitely need to learn how to make a good one at home. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of mash potato myself x

      Delete
  2. Yum looks and sounds delicious, unfortunately myself and the two smaller ones are the only ones who eat cheese. I've a house of fussy eaters her. Might make this the weekend though and freeze some off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you can freeze this or maybe have the ingredients x

      Delete
  3. oooh, that sounds delish!! I'm a sucker for mash so thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have I never thought to bake my mashed potato!? This sounds looks delish! Will have to give it a go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rubbish at cooking, baking i can do, cooking i can't. This looks so tasty though! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, this is pretty much combining my favourite foods, especially if served with steak! Looks delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness how yum does this sound! I love potatoes in any form, mash is such a comfort food though!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds so yummy. My boys adore mash and and cheese :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cheesy mash anyway but the onion and garlic just add to it x

      Delete
  9. mmm i love cheesy mash its a staple over here too x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Dream Blogging Space

Car fixed & Free fruit • Summer Holiday Project 2016 #24 - #25

Mummy + Me | April 2017