Treacle tart recipe

Treacle tart recipe :)


So today I was in the mood for something sweet, but lately I like to know what is in my food so decided to do some baking. I found a really easy recipe for treacle tart as I had all the ingredients in.

Recipe

225g/8oz Plain flour
110g/4oz Marge or butter
1 medium egg (lightly Beaten)
450g/1lb Golden syrup
85g/30z breadcrumbs
Pinch of Ginger

Method

1. Mix flour and marge together to resemble bread crumbs
2. Mix the egg in with a knife and knead the dough.
3. Roll out dough to fit your tin and place in tin, fit to tin and cut around the edge with a knife to neaten up.
4. Add weight to base of dough (seeds) and bake for 10-15 mins on gas mark 5
5. Take weight out and bake until golden brown.
6. Mix the golden syrup into the bread crumbs and add ginger if you wish to.
8.Place in baked base and bake for a further 30 minutes.





Comments

Popular Posts